Friday, November 13, 2009

NO to store bought ♥ Say YES to handmade ♥

Spreading the Spirit!! Over the next few weeks, I will be searching etsy and other places and suggesting some homemade and small boutique type gifts. Even though the Walmart commercials are very sweet this year, I 'm going to try and do the right thing. Which means, supporting small businesses, friends businesses and handmade USA.

And I am coming from the mentality that we are not in competition with each other, there is pleanty of business for everyone!

Etsy has been very good to me this year. I really just started selling last November and hopefully by Christmas will hit 2,000 sales. If I didn't need this business to support myself and my child, I would have been thrilled with the year I have had. Actually I am thrilled, this boutique world is a new world to me and a new market. I am really pleased with the progress I have made and looking forward to expanding and growing by leaps and bounds next year!

Check back tomorrow for 2 of my favorites on Etsy for a gift you can make yourself.

1 comment:

Partyof9 said...

Yep, it's me, April! :)
The background on my blog is just a layout. I just love the country/shabby/look of it.

I just found Etsy myself less than 6 months ago and I LOVE it. Other than Matilda Jane it's the only place I buy my daughters clothes.
It makes me rethink store bought items. Everything in the store is so boring and everyone is wearing the same thing. I am LOVING custom made clothes. I'm hooked! I spend hours, at night shopping and checking out all sorts of things on Etsy.

Have a wonderful day!