Saturday, October 31, 2009

All Hallows Eve



Happy Halloween! Because it's only my daughter and myself here and we usually celebrate all the holidays at my mothers house, I try and make memories for her when I can in our little apartment. Its good for me and her. Last night I was able to put all financial concerns to the side and enjoy the night. I love having parties and usually have a big halloween or Christmas party. Although not fancy, they still cost a fortune. So instead last night a had a few friends over. On a shoe string I was able to creaet a cozy memorable evening. In one of my Susan Branch books (http://www.susanbranch.com/) she talks about creating a good party, low lights, nice smells coming from the kitchen, music and of course, great frinds.
I went down to the farmers market and got
3 pumpkins $5 ea
Pear Cider $5
cin sugar donuts 5 for $2
A bag of apples $5
gourds for decoration
and tiny pears decoration and food.
We made homemade pizza amd pumkin pie. My dd sturffed the crust with cheese, delicious! We carved pumpkins, roasted pumpkin seeds and OMG I never did that before, so good!Wash seeds coat with olive oil and salt, then bake for 20 minutes at 325. We Played boggle and watched Charlie Brown's Halloween. A lovely evening.

My Scrabble/boggle friend:)


Baby Pears


Jack O'Lanterns

Have a safe and fun Halloween!

2 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

What a perfect night and absolutely great memories for your daughter. Now that my kids are teens I realize they remember the little things more than the big. I wish I had known before we went to all the Disneyland expense, etc. Knowing what I know now, I would never take my kids to Disneyland before their tenth birthday. It IS the little things that count and I'll take a close friend, intimate party ANY day over an all out bash!

Hope you two have fun tonight. :)

Hill upon Hill said...

You have a real gift for creating cosy spaces.