Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Recipe Monday

Well we didn't get to the cookies tonight, I was too crabby from sitting in a court room all day and I didn't want to spoil holiday cookie night. So instead we made fresh whipped cream which I have never done before. I let my daughter do it and she got rather creative. We used our Christmas cups and she ladled in the whipped cream, topped it with cinnamon and then added a straw which was a cinnamon stick. It looked so pretty and tasted so good. Unfortunately my camera died. So if you've never tried this, although it probably adds 10,000 calories to the hot chocolate, here's the simple recipe.

Fresh whipped cream
1 cup cold heavy cream
2 tablespoons overflowing powdered sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
Pour heavy cream in kitchen aid (or hand mix)
Beat about 20 seconds on low, add sugar and vanilla, keep mixing on HIGH until peaks form. (about 3 minutes) Do not overbeat.
For hot chocolate, top with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
Thank goodness for spell check, I have no idea how to spell cinamin!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Sounds good..sorry about your court date and the divorce mess. I don't know what you're going through but I will pray for you during this time and for the finality of it all so you can start again. One day at a time and enjoy it with your sweet little one! COnnie

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Oh what a good Mom you are not to let all of this upsetting mess affect your time with yuor sweet daughter...m...

YaYa's Funhouse said...

making memories with your baby...that's what it's all about.
I bet Paula Deen would love that recipe!! Did you say 10,000 calories?? HA!!!
I will pray God will give you peace through this time you are walking through. God Speed!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad I came across your blog, from your etsy shoppe.
I just went through a divorce 2 years ago, and I can tell you, I'm thankful mine wasn't all that messy. But there are other parts that are, and I want to tell you that prayer can change all things. It can move mountains! It can open padlocked doors! It can quinch thirst for happiness and supplement strength.
I trust that God has something great for you, and I'm happy to make this connection with you.
I feel like everyone in blog land is a married mom. I am not!

I will pray right here for you at my desk. Right now.