Monday, September 15, 2008

projectdomesticbliss

Why do we follow certain blogs, I find my self attracted to blogs that inspire me and that talk about homelife and recipies and nature. I found a really inspirational one the other night, Project Domestic Bliss, written by Nikki, a young mom. I am so inspired by her. It's a take on the perfect "50's" style mom, very cute. Sometimes, I think, I am waiting for my life to be perfect and be making enough money to be living a life. OOPS! Something wrong there! So thanks, Nikki, for helping me to get up Saturday moring and make pancakes and pumpkin pie and celebrate life with my daughter and knowing that life is now and that there is no waiting around. I heard a great quote this mornig, "If you want to be happy, don't want what you don't have, Want what you have. I want my beautiful daughter, I want the opportunity to start my business again, I want to meet lots of new frinds in cyberspace, I want to be an artist, I want my 5th floor walkup apt in NYC, I want to enjoy the fall and have my apt filled with scents of baked pies and cinnamon and sonds of laughter and friendships. Looking forward to keeping in touch! What kind of things do you want!

5 comments:

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and featuring my blog!! Im so touched :)
I am so glad that my little piece of the web made such an impact on you!

I would have to say that I want to just be safe and healthy here with my family. We just barely escaped this Hurricane, and I am truly greatful for that!

Hill upon Hill said...

ooh that pie looks good. Your kitchen looks warm and inviting too, lovely dresser and interesting things to look at....

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Looks yummy! If you want a great blog like recipe site you MUST check this one out:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

It is one of my personal favorites!!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Well you have a friend in me. I love your ideas about life! Your daughter is a doll. I have 3 boys! And 3 brothers...and 6 nephews...,etc,etc!

Pearl Maple said...

Great post and all too true, we can get so caught up in the lure of more and overlook all that is great in our lives. Enjoyed all your creative, domestic and blissful posts. Thanks for sharing.